Visit our Who Plays What section to see hundreds of famous musician's guitar, bass, and drum rigs or search the site:

Gibson has finally done it! The legendary Gibson Greeny Les Paul has been released in both Standard and Custom Shop versions. Check this beauty out NOW before it sells out!!

Gibson Greeny Les Paul Standard Electric Guitar

UberProAudio is reader supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. We appreciate your support!

small stage gear

More
10 years 7 months ago #895 by deric
small stage gear was created by deric
Being new to this I need to ask what gear do small club/bar bands use? Just trying to get an understanding you know. I was going to buy one of those Mesa Boogie mini rectifier amps but then the guy said, and not that I didn't have any knowledge of this, but he said most groups run their sound out of PA system. Well okay and I have a powered mixer that I can use but what are these guys doing/ why all the powerful amps for sale? I mean if you are going thru a PA and I assume it's amplified why would you need a guitar or keyboard amp? Wouldn't you go-guitar, effects, mixer then PA amp? Or do they mic a guitar amp and then into a mixer? But wouldn't the amp sound mess up what's coming out of the PA speakers?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.303 seconds