Visit our Who Plays What section to see hundreds of famous musician's guitar, bass, and drum rigs or search the site:

Our buddy Miles has major G.A.S. over the Wampler Tumnus overdrive pedal. Could it be the best Klon-style OD pedal for the price? Check this pedal out!

UberProAudio is reader supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. We appreciate your support!

Tom Searle - Architects Rig

More
11 years 10 months ago #788 by Jacob123
After extensive research, Ive compiled Tom Searle from the UK band Architects' rig, and I thought it would be cool if it was put up on this website.

Guitars:

First Act Custom Lola
First Act Custom DC6
ESP LTD ECLIPSE in Vintage Black
ESP LTD HORIZON NTII in See-Thru Black (fitted with Seymour Duncan JB/59 combination)
ESP LTD MH1000
ESP LTD EC1000 in Vintage Black
ESP LTD MH250
All guitars fitted with EMG pickups, except where noted.

Amps/Cabinets:

Blackstar Series One 100 heads (present)
Peavey 6505 head (used on Ruin and Hollow Crown)
Orange PPC412 cabinets (present)
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier head (past)
Marshall 1960A cabinets (past)
Laney GH100L head (past)
Laney GS412IS cabinet (past)

Strings and picks:

Dunlop strings, with 11, 15, 22w, 36, 42, 60 and 11, 15, 22w, 36, 42, 70 custom sets (for C# standard and the same tuning with the bottom string tuned down to G# respectively)
Dunlop USA 50mm Picks
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic

I have seen Tom use the LTD MH1000 as well as his too First Act custom's live, so that's where I got that info from, as well as First Act's fb page. The ESP guitars I have seen him using at SlamDunk Festival in photos on their fb page, added to the fact that Tom announced on twitter that ESP had sent him some new guitars. The other LTD guitars I have seen him use in the studio diary for Ruin and Hollow Crown, as well as finding out that these guitars he had sold on, so I could find out the exact models. In terms of amps, he is currently endorsed by Blackstar, and there is actually a quote from him on their website. I saw on twitter that he used a Peavey 6505 for the recording of Ruin and Hollow Crown, but I know that that amp was Tim's, and that Tom prior to his Blackstar endorsement was Mesa Boogie head and Marshall cab live, as can be seen on their VEVO account on Youtube. He is listed as a past Laney user on their website. He is listed as a Dunlop user on their website, but I know the actual string gauges because I asked Tim Hillier-Brook (ex-guitarist for Architects) what him and Tom use for both their tunings (I assume the 11-60 set is used for drop B as well.

Hopefully this will be approved, and if anyone has any other information, please add :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #789 by uberpro
Great work! We'll definitely want to add this to the website. Here are some possible gear additions - let me know your thoughts:

Looks like there may be a few Boss pedals on the floor:
www.flickr.com/photos/50324718@N04/4617780367/

6505+ head pictured, not the regular 6505 head:
www.flickr.com/photos/harry_manback/3215582059/

Planet Waves user (cable and other accessories):
www.planetwaves.com/PWArtistDetails.Page...02-8d45-45eab7b3ab8d

More
11 years 10 months ago #790 by Jacob123
Thanks for getting back! Yes, I imagine that Peavey 6505+ was his at some point, I just know the regular 6505 was used for Ruin and Hollow Crown. I can't make out what Boss pedals those are, but I imagine he uses the Boss NS2 and Boss Delay pedal as well... the green overdrive pedal I can't quite make out, but I remember Tim (ex-guitarist stating that he uses an Ibanez Tubescreamer in his effects loop, along with Boss Pedals and an Electro Harmonix Big Muff (for the end of These Colours Don't Run) which could be added in. Other than that, I don't know what else he may use - I think that's probably everything!

More
11 years 10 months ago #791 by Jacob123
www.bedfordguitars.co.uk/?p=3395
This is Tim's pedalboard, but I imagine Tom's may be similar - I imagine he uses the Digitech Whammy pedal. Tbh I think that's enough to make a page out of! XD

More
11 years 10 months ago #792 by uberpro
Ibanez Tube Screamer confirmed! Invalid consumer key/secret in configuration
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jacob123

More
11 years 10 months ago #793 by Jacob123
Great! Guess there's probably enough to make a page now :)

Time to create page: 0.212 seconds