Visit our Who Plays What section to see hundreds of famous musician's guitar, bass, and drum rigs or search the site:

Gibson has finally done it! The legendary Gibson Greeny Les Paul has been released in both Standard and Custom Shop versions. Check this beauty out NOW before it sells out!!

Gibson Greeny Les Paul Standard Electric Guitar

UberProAudio is reader supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. We appreciate your support!

How to play like who [?] section

More
14 years 6 months ago #442 by SonEsmonduu
How about this for a new site section?
We write columns about a player and their style and how to emulate it.

I know there are columns already but this is fairly different.

I could work on a few in depths for certain players.
I think it would expand the site to people other than gear-freaks too.

Thoughts?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #445 by uberpro
Here's an idea to expand on this. We already cover what gear the musicians use. We could just add a page to a musician's who plays what page, that covers this topic. so it would all be under one link, but would cover multiple things are different pages of an article.

The question is what would a "how to play their style and emulate it" look like? Would it be the same article for many metal musicians for example? Would it be different enough for each musician?

More
14 years 6 months ago #447 by musicislife4567
well not all players are the same, even when it comes to metal, take alexi laiho from children of bodom, he uses sweep picking all the time were as doc coyle from god forbid almost never uses it, the articles could be similar but not the same.all players are different, even if it's just by a little bit. you could have links to lessons though that have to do with something the player uses often like eddie van halens tapping and john 5s speed. just my opinion though.

More
14 years 6 months ago #449 by uberpro
All good ideas guys. I actually have a freelance writer / friend who is a guitar teacher that might be good to do some videos like this.

If you guys or anyone else wants to take a "stab" at writing articles for the site, let me know and we can discuss. We always have our eye out for freelance writers.

More
14 years 6 months ago #450 by SonEsmonduu
Good idea on adding into current articles.

I could easily do a very indepth article for Sam and probably Herman Li. I've got good knowledge of them.
Could do some articles for other guitarists too.

I'll write a few out when I get a chance and post them here.

It'd probably go like
Introduction

Basics
-How they hold the pick
-How they finger chords/arpeggios etc.
-All the basic type stuff

Riffs
-A few of the riffs from their songs, how they work, how to play them liek they do etc.
-Using these riffs yourself and changing them

Solos
-Their methods of soloing, common phrases/patterns, common keys

Techniques
-How they tap, sweep yadda yadda.
-Alternate picking.
-Harmonic pull off
-Harmonic slides

And so on and so forth.

More
14 years 5 months ago #465 by kurotenshi
You are forgetting a major thing here, tunning is critical to many techniques and tone so that should be one of the topics covered.

Know your gear as well as you know your technique, no musician can survive without any of the two.

Time to create page: 0.276 seconds