Visit our Who Plays What section to see hundreds of famous musician's guitar, bass, and drum rigs or search the site:

Our buddy Miles has major G.A.S. over the Wampler Tumnus overdrive pedal. Could it be the best Klon-style OD pedal for the price? Check this pedal out!

UberProAudio is reader supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. We appreciate your support!

Recording Talk

Interfaces

More
13 years 2 months ago #701 by shadowclone177
Replied by shadowclone177 on topic Re: Interfaces
Two inputs are fine.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #702 by uberpro
Replied by uberpro on topic Re: Interfaces
checkout the Apogee Duet. Apogee has a reputation for making high quality audio interfaces for mac. It has a couple inputs and is pretty small and portable. It's in your price range - and you could probably use a coupon (most sales ended yesterday) and get some money off the price too. I haven't used it personally. Alternatively you could get a larger firewire interface with 8 inputs and maybe a bit worse sound quality.

I personally like RME interfaces, but they are fairly expensive. I use an RME Multiface II with a laptop card. I got it off ebay for a great deal ($550), but it doesn't have mic pres built in. Lot's of choices out there and decisions to make.....

Also, you have to look at your other gear - what mics/preamps/gear do you have for recording, etc... A nice sound card interface may not be the right choice at first if you are using terrible microphones, and so on...

More
13 years 2 months ago #703 by xxKurtxx
Replied by xxKurtxx on topic Re: Interfaces
I use a Line 6 POD Studio UX2. My budget was only about $200, but its a really great interface. Its really easy to use and it has lots of tube and solid state preamp models. It comes bundled with ableton live, reason, and pod studio. I think its for Mac or Windows.

Time to create page: 0.248 seconds