Visit our Who Plays What section to see hundreds of famous musician's guitar, bass, and drum rigs or search the site:

Gibson has finally done it! The legendary Gibson Greeny Les Paul has been released in both Standard and Custom Shop versions. Check this beauty out NOW before it sells out!!

Gibson Greeny Les Paul Standard Electric Guitar

UberProAudio is reader supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. We appreciate your support!

Bass Talk

Show Yourself! Where are the bassmen? What bass?

More
11 years 3 months ago #828 by Kong
Hey fellow bassmen!

I just signed in this forum, and there is a lack of bass!

Feel free to say hello, introduce yourself and write something about your favourite bass!

My name is Uwe, I am from Germany, I play bass since I was 14. Today I am 51 and still a bassman.

My favourite basses are

my 1964 Fender Precision Bass
1999 Musicman Stingray 5
1989 Haeussel Jazz Bass 5 headles, a custom built bass, made by Harry Haeussel. He is known better by his pickups, but in the 1980's and 90's he did build some fine basses and guitars.

I hope, there are some more bassmen to find. I would like to write and have some talk about basses, amps and other gear.

So long - says Kong!

Cheers

Uwe

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #859 by HandsDown
Another bassman here. A Gecko5 Wide, into an SWR MoBass with MoControl. Rack gear is a two x 31 band graphic e.q., a Korg DTR-1 tuner and Samson power supply. My speakers are two 4x10 cabs. One is a sealed Sonic 4x10 and the other a rebuilt Peavey 4x10. I put new drivers in the Peavey cab with higher power ratings and accordingly I run the Peavey on the MoBass' "dry" side and run the Sonic on the "wet" side. I always get good feedback on the overall tone (I'm not running the MoBass bridged)when our Praise and Worship team visits other churches and I drag along my whole setup. But I still play outside of church and then I carry "the other stuff". My pedalboard starts with a Seamoon funk machine v2 into a Chunk 00Funk v1, into a Rastop Bass Super Divider, into a Digitech bass driver, into a Hyper Phase, into a Dan Electro echo, into a Line 6 DM-4. Then using the loop in my SKB pedalboard I use either a Boss ME-6B or a Boss ME-8B and that all goes through a Boomerang v1. I also have a little home studio rig, an Alembic F2-B into a Carver 1.0t power amp, driven by a Roland M160 line driver with a Digitech TSR-24 in the effects loop. I also have 2 four string basses a Pan Alembic jazz and a Zolla guitars 4 string bass.

Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted.

More
10 years 10 months ago #860 by Kong
Wow, another one... ;)

So lets talk a bit more about my gear.

I own 12 basses, the 3 I named in my previous post are just some of my main basses. There is also:

Warwick Streamer Stage I
Ibanez K5
Hohner B2 active
Tokai Jazz Bass Fretles
Fender Mustang, built in 1968
Hoshino Gakki (Ibanez) from the 50's
Bunny Brunel Electric Upright
Aria Acoustic bass
And a hungarian Doublebass, built in 1892. Yes, 1892.

Amplification:

GenzBenz GBE 1200
Ampeg SVP Pro + Poweramp TA 1400 MK-X
Peavey TMax
SWR Redhead, first production run
Markbass LM II
Ibanez Promethean 5110

Cabs:

Tecamp L 810'', two of them
Peavey TVX 410'', two of them
Custom built, sealed 410''
SWR Workingman 212'', upgradet with two Beyma-Woofer
and a SWR Goliath 210''

I use the GenzBenz and the Ampeg together with one of the Tecamp-cabs, the Peavey TMax and the two TVX-cabs are my third fullstack. I need three, because I play in three bands.

The LM II + SWR 212'' is my small stack to go for Bar-gigs in bigger venues, everything with more than 200 people is played with that. My Promethean is my combo to go for small gigs, sessions and practising at home.

I hope that more bassmen will join us here. It is stupid lonely here among all those guitarists...

Ciao!

Uwe :)

More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #861 by HandsDown
Yeah, the forum is full of guitarists. I joined because I was looking for info on Bootsy's gear, particularly the sound he used on David Letterman along with Fred and Maceo years ago. The forum shows some of the gear he uses but I was hoping to find someone with good ears to say definitively that he used a certain combination of effects at that particular time. Here is the Utube link:

Talk about a thick and funky envelope! I don't think that's EHX either. I hear an envelope, an octave (I think) and some overdrive, maybe a flanger. Hopefully someone will chime in and help me out.
I primarily play in a praise and worship band and only do sub work in secular music sparingly but I would dial in that Bootsy tone from the utube link and play all uptempo gospel tunes with it.

Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted.
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by HandsDown.

Time to create page: 0.282 seconds