Visit our Who Plays What section to see hundreds of famous musician's guitar, bass, and drum rigs or search the site:

Gibson has finally done it! The legendary Gibson Greeny Les Paul has been released in both Standard and Custom Shop versions. Check this beauty out NOW before it sells out!!

Gibson Greeny Les Paul Standard Electric Guitar

UberProAudio is reader supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. We appreciate your support!

Your Gear

My Bass Rig

More
15 years 7 months ago #243 by Dekhruel
My Bass Rig was created by Dekhruel
Hi, Im new here

There is my bass rig

Bass:
- LTD B-206
- Ibanez BTB405QM
And 2 old crap

Amp:
- Ampeg B5-R
- Tuner Fender RT-1000
- Wireless Shure SLX4
- Electro-Harmonix English Muffin Lamp OD
- Ampeg 4X10
- SWR 1X15

Next gear soon:
- Gibson Thunderbird
- Ampeg 8X10 Classic
- Ampeg SVT2-Pro

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
15 years 7 months ago #244 by uberpro
Replied by uberpro on topic Re:My Bass Rig
Hi Dekhruel - welcome to the forum!

Sounds like you have a pretty decent bass rig. What type of music do you play?

I see on your wishlist you want the Ampeg 8x10 cab. A lot of pros play that cabinet. If you get it, are you going to get rid of your Ampeg and SWR cabs and just use the 8x10?

More
15 years 7 months ago #245 by Dekhruel
Replied by Dekhruel on topic Re:My Bass Rig
Im playing mostly metal. Death or Melodic Hardcore.

I will keep my 4X10... sometime you cant carry the big berta lol so the small 4X10 is usefull!!!

More
14 years 10 months ago #405 by kurotenshi
Replied by kurotenshi on topic Re:My Bass Rig
Hi, i'm on the verge of buying some cabs and I have to ask you, does the 8x10 really makes all that diference? I mean, some 810 like ampeg are just 4x210, not even vented...
Wouldn't you be better with two 410 so you can use only one or two as an 810?

Know your gear as well as you know your technique, no musician can survive without any of the two.

More
14 years 10 months ago #406 by uberpro
Replied by uberpro on topic Re:My Bass Rig
It basically comes down to preference, but I like the idea of two 410 or one 410 and 1x15, especially IF I'm the one who has to carry the rig around! I've heard people say they prefer one way or the other, so I don't think you'll find a sure answer, except to give each a try. What brands are you looking at?

More
14 years 10 months ago #407 by kurotenshi
Replied by kurotenshi on topic Re:My Bass Rig
Right now I'm still trying to decide the setup and looking into reviews. For economical reasons (and because I don't have a lot of space) I was considering buying a 210 and some time after (If the band got some serious gigs) a 115 but then I came across a used stack by generic brand (rockson by musicstore.de) at 200€, it's a 350W 410 and a 300W 115 and that got me really thinking, even if it's not very good, it's cheap and does the job (according to some reviews)

As for some serious brands, I've heard very good things about Ashdown. Also, to my surprise, some bad and many contradictions about Warwick cabs (but that I'll be judging in the studio 'cause they have Warwick there). Finally, Hartke has always appealed to me the the aluminum promise some grate attack.
That about sums it, I have to get some time to make the "music stores toor" and try as much stuff as I can.

Know your gear as well as you know your technique, no musician can survive without any of the two.

Time to create page: 0.292 seconds