Visit our Who Plays What section to see hundreds of famous musician's guitar, bass, and drum rigs or search the site:

Gibson has finally done it! The legendary Gibson Greeny Les Paul has been released in both Standard and Custom Shop versions. Check this beauty out NOW before it sells out!!

Gibson Greeny Les Paul Standard Electric Guitar

UberProAudio is reader supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. We appreciate your support!

Dusty Redmon - The Almost Guitar Rig

More
15 years 2 months ago - 15 years 2 months ago #279 by uberpro
Hi all. A request came in for Rigs from the band The Almost. Let's see what we can come up with.

I looked into Dusty Redmon and here is what I can find. i can't find any pics or info on his pedals yet.

In This interview

We see that Dusty uses:

- Reverend Orange Flatroc guitar
- Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 2x12 combo

The First Act Website
Shows that he uses:
- First Act Silverburst Delia guitar

Mesa Boogie
Shows that he uses the roadster combo.

On flickr This picture Shows an unidentified amp and cabinet in the background that says Dusty Redmon on it. The pic is pretty recent. Not sure what it is. One of our faithful readers said that it is probably an Orange amp and cab.

Add any info you have.
Last edit: 15 years 2 months ago by uberpro.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 month ago #296 by dustyredmon
Weird...My wife randomly stumbled on this site. Crazy!

Anyways, I don't play the reverend or the dual rectifier anymore.

Guitarwise, I play a Gretsch Duo Jet, a Gibson 335, and my First Act Silverburst Delia.

For amps, I play a Moss 100 watt head and matching 2x12 extension cab w/ vintage 30's. It's the one with my name on it.
I will also be playing Fender Twin amps.

More
15 years 1 month ago #297 by uberpro
Thanks for giving us updated details Dusty! It's a pleasure to have you on the board.

I'd love to put together a rig page for you on the site and have a few questions that would be cool to have answers to.

1. Do you use any other gear in your rig? Pedals? Strings/Picks? etc...?

2. Why do you like the semi-hollow guitars over solid bodys?

3. What led you to use the Moss amp?

4. What is on your gear wishlist?

Is it cool if we post this info under our articles/interviews section of the site?

Thanks man!

More
15 years 1 month ago #298 by dustyredmon
Awesome. This site is pretty killer. I'm pretty impressed at the variety of shredders listed on here..ha.

Here's my attempt at some answers:
1. I just started using a line 6 podx3 live for all my effects only..I've also got an electroharmonix holy stain and small stone, a line 6 DL4, boss tu-2 and ns-2 noise suppressor. For picks I just use dunlop .60 orange tortex, and dean markley 9's and 10's (blue steel)

2. I love the sound of a big hollow body. It's got so much more of a round sound than a solid body. My 335 and both first acts sound HUGE in comparison to my les pauls. My black gretsch duo jet 6128t is smaller, but is chambered, giving it that semi-hollow sound with the potential to get twangy like a tele. It's the greatest guitar ever made. :)

3. Maurice, Andrew, and Colin at Moss are killer people. My guitarist Jay originally got in touch with them and pointed me in their direction after I told him I was getting tired of my boogie roadster. They're built an hour south of Tampa, where the band is from, making it possible for me to go down and physically meet and play on some amps. Mosses are all hand-wired point-to-point and mine was fully customized for me. The gain channel is pretty insane, but for the Almost, it's a bit too much. The clean channel can sparkle and can also get kinda crunchy. It has a push/pull pot, switching the clean circuit into two modes: an ac30 and an old blackface. I crank the gain one the clean, using the blackface sound and get my tone.

4. Right now I'd love to get a couple of more gretsches. I have a great rep there and have become a full believer. They're built so much better than higher dollar guitars, and the tones are soooo versatile. I'm also eyeing a few 1960's-era epiphone frontier acoustics. They're super-rad epi's that are really similar to gibson's hummingbird.

More
15 years 1 month ago #299 by uberpro
Awesome.

I just threw the interview and rig on the site:

The Interview page

The Rig in Who Plays What

Thanks again for the info, and if you have any updates to your rig, or have anything going on you want to promote, don't be shy ;)

Time to create page: 0.327 seconds