Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Visit our Who Plays What section to see hundreds of famous musician's guitar, bass, and drum rigs or search the site:

New Fender Telecaster!!!

People are saying the new Fender Troublemaker Tele Deluxe is like a beautiful cross between a Telecaster and a Les Paul. Looks smoking hot - check it out NOW!

Fender Parallel Universe Vol II Troublemaker Tele Deluxe Electric Guitar

UberProAudio is reader supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. We appreciate your support!

Uber Guitar Quizzes

Think you know something about guitar gear? Take our Guitar Gear Quiz Or Metal Gear Quiz Or Guitar Pedal Quiz and prove it!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Recording Talk
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Interfaces 11 years 11 months ago #695

Hey can i get sone suggestions on some Interfaces for recording?

Re: Interfaces 11 years 11 months ago #696

• uberpro
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 10
Sure. What do you have for a computer and what are your goals with recording (pro, fun, etc...)?

Re: Interfaces 11 years 11 months ago #697

All of the above. I've been wanting to make a demo for a while but of course its hard to record on an iphone haha. But I've also beem ask to make some video and such for some side projects just for fun.

Re: Interfaces 11 years 11 months ago #698

• uberpro
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
What type of computer setup do you have? What is your budget? How many ins/outs do you need? Do you need built in preamps? All good questions to ask first.

Re: Interfaces 11 years 11 months ago #699

Well I have a mac book pro with Garageband and some software that came out of my Peavey Vyper. My budget is up to about 4-5 hundred max and right now I do not know much about these but i do need a preamp

Re: Interfaces 11 years 11 months ago #700

• uberpro
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
cool. Last question - how many channels of inputs do you want? Would two inputs be enough, or would you need to mic a whole drumkit/band at once and need 8?

Re: Interfaces 11 years 11 months ago #701

Two inputs are fine.

Re: Interfaces 11 years 11 months ago #702

• uberpro
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
checkout the Apogee Duet. Apogee has a reputation for making high quality audio interfaces for mac. It has a couple inputs and is pretty small and portable. It's in your price range - and you could probably use a coupon (most sales ended yesterday) and get some money off the price too. I haven't used it personally. Alternatively you could get a larger firewire interface with 8 inputs and maybe a bit worse sound quality.

I personally like RME interfaces, but they are fairly expensive. I use an RME Multiface II with a laptop card. I got it off ebay for a great deal ($550), but it doesn't have mic pres built in. Lot's of choices out there and decisions to make.....

Also, you have to look at your other gear - what mics/preamps/gear do you have for recording, etc... A nice sound card interface may not be the right choice at first if you are using terrible microphones, and so on...

Re: Interfaces 11 years 10 months ago #703

I use a Line 6 POD Studio UX2. My budget was only about $200, but its a really great interface. Its really easy to use and it has lots of tube and solid state preamp models. It comes bundled with ableton live, reason, and pod studio. I think its for Mac or Windows.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds