Visit our Who Plays What section to see hundreds of famous musician's guitar, bass, and drum rigs or search the site:

Our buddy Miles has major G.A.S. over the Wampler Tumnus overdrive pedal. Could it be the best Klon-style OD pedal for the price? Check this pedal out!

UberProAudio is reader supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. We appreciate your support!

Guitar Talk

Flanger or Phaser?

More
13 years 3 months ago #657 by rushingaway
so i dont know what pedal to buy a flanger or phaser. i play like paramore/versaemerge and saosin. Anyone care to share their thoughts and opinions? :cheer:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #659 by xxKurtxx
Replied by xxKurtxx on topic Re: Flanger or Phaser?
What you want is a flanger. Instead of changing the signal's phasing, it sweeps across different frequencies producing a more melodic sound. A phaser provides a sweeping alien-like sound. It is an effect heard on many van halen songs. Flangers are generally used by post-hardcore and alternative bands like the ones you mentioned, but the effect only works if you know when to use it. MXR, Boss, and Electro-Harmonix all make good flangers in the $80-120 range. The cheapest good flanger you can buy is the $30 Danelectro pedal.

More
13 years 3 months ago #662 by rushingaway
Replied by rushingaway on topic Re: Flanger or Phaser?
thanks!

More
13 years 3 months ago #665 by xxKurtxx
Replied by xxKurtxx on topic Re: Flanger or Phaser?
No problem. Be sure you don't overuse it though. Most alternative bands only use flangers during certain parts of certain songs. It's not quite like a chorus that can be used in any song. Listen closely to your favorite songs and try to hear what effects they're using and what effects would sound good.

More
13 years 3 months ago #670 by rushingaway
Replied by rushingaway on topic Re: Flanger or Phaser?
i just dont know cause my friends bands use them

www.myspace.com/corporateskyscrapers

and

www.myspace.com/notapplic

i wanna have my own sound for my band so im not sure which pedal to get

Time to create page: 0.257 seconds