Ted Nugent, guitar player, and great creator of songs such as Stranglehold and Cat Scratch Fever ahs played in some great bands along with his solo work.
Let's take a look at some of the guitar gear and equipment that has been seen in Ted's guitar rig.
Click the gear images for more info and specs at Guitar Center
- About 17 Gibson Byrdland guitars (black one, burst one, White Buffalo, etc...)
- variety of Gibson Les Paul guitars (American Flag les paul, 1958, 1959, and more)
- Paul Reed Smith guitars (custom paint jobs like Zebra. Also used in Damn Yankees.)
- Gibson Custom Super 400 12 string
Amps and Cabinets
- Peavey 6505+ amp heads
- Peavey 6505 4x12 guitar cabs
- Kustom Quad100 DFX
- 8 Fender Twins
- 8 Fender Dual Showman cabs
- Fender Deluxe amplifier, tan Tolex (said to been used for recording of "Cat Scratch Fever")
- Peavey 5150s (in Damn Yankees)
- Boss Super Chorus CH1
- MXR Phase 90
- Boss Digital Delay DD-3
- Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2 Plus
- Dunlop Crybaby Wah pedal
Notes: Ted also lists DOD/Digitech as a brand he uses on his website.
Strings and Picks
- 9-46 gauge strings (he's changed gauges quite a bit, 9's are what he is using in 2012).
- D'Andrea guitar picks
- Guitar-Cable.com guitar cables