Paul DiGiovanni is the lead guitar player for the pop-punk band Boys Like Girls. He also helps write most of the band's songs.
Let's take a look and see what kind of guitar gear has been seen in his guitar rig.
Click the gear for more info and specs at Musician's Friend
- Fender American Stratocaster (white with custom pickguard and EMG 81/85 active pickups)
- Fender 72 Deluxe Telecaster (customized with a single EMG 81 active pickup in the bridge and a tune-o-matic
bridge. He has 2 that are black with a black pickguard, and 1 that is white with a pearloid pickguard)
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Tobacco Burst (the guitar tech said is was a 1985 or 1986)
- Gibson CJ-165EC Vintage Sunburst
- Gibson Black Beauty (a 1995 Model that he was selling on craigslist)
- Taylor acoustic-electric
- 2 Engl E530 Preamps
- Engl Power Amp
- 2 Soldano preamps (preamp versions of the avenger head)
- Various Bogner cabinets
- Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
- Boss TU-2 Tuner
- Boss DD-20 Giga Delay
- Morley Mark Tremonti Wah Pedal
Note:There is another Boss DD-20 and another Mark Tremonti Wah at the guitar tech station, so he can hit them for Paul if he can't get to his pedalboard in time.
- Fishman Prefix Plus T's
- DiMarzio ClipLock Strap (white and a black one)
Phone interview by Matt Kennedy with Adam Gable, Boys Like Girls guitar tech, on 6/03/2011