Category: Who Plays What
Last Updated on Wednesday, 13 February 2013 18:12
Published on Monday, 26 April 2010 08:05
Gary Rossington is a founding member and guitar player in Southern rock band Lynyrd Skynyrd.
Let's take a look at some of the gear and equipment that has been seen in Gary's guitar rig.
Click the gear images for more info and specs at Musician's Friend
- Gibson Gary Rossington custom shop Les Paul Honeyburst (chambered)
- Gibson Gary Rossington custom shop black Les Paul
- Gibson Gary Rossington signature Custom Shop SG (plays on Free Bird)
- Gibson '59 Standard Les Paul (now doesn't take this guitar on the road)
- Washburn guitars (used in The Rossington Band)
- There's a pic out there of Gary playing a black Squier strat, MIJ from the 80's. May have been a charity auction.
- Seymour Duncan SH-4 and SH-5 pickups
Amps and Cabinets
- Peavey Penta Gary Rossington amplifer Special Edition heads (x2. Switched to these for 2009 tour.)
- Peavey 4x12 cabinets with standard Peavey Black Widow speakers (x4)
- Peavey Mace amplifer heads (used them starting in 1971)
- Line 6 MM4 Modulation Modeler pedal (used for tremolo and phase)
- Wireless system
Much of this gear listing is of Gary's recent gear. If anyone wants to list older gear, feel free to leave a comment with info.