Marcus Henderson is a critically-acclaimed rock and heavy metal guitarist. His previous bands include Drist and The Hellbillys as well as work for En Vogue and Simon Stinger. In 2005, he was chosen to take the role as one of the lead guitarists for the Guitar Hero series. In 2008, Henderson played on Bootsy Collins’ album, in addition to recording with onetime Guns 'N' Roses guitarist, Buckethead.
Let's take a look at some of the gear and equipment that has been seen in Henderson's guitar rig.
Click the gear images for more info and specs at Amazon
Much of this gear is what has been seen in his 2009 rig.
- Epiphone "The Apparition" Marcus Henderson Signature guitar
- Gibson Les Paul Classic (black)
- Epiphone double neck SG (red)
- Gibson Flying V - white (now in Rock Hall of Fame)
- Fender American Standard Strat w/Seymour Duncan JB Humbucker and Graph-Tech Hardware
- Ernie Ball Luke
- Yamaha Ty Tabor
- EMG EMG-MH Marcus Henderson Active 85/85 Humbucker Set
- Custom Diamond Phantom Amp head and Cab (color: "Randy Rhoads White") - began using in 2009
- Krank Revolution Head
Effects and More
- BBE Green Screamer OD
- Digitech GSP1101
- ISP Decimator
- Morley Bad Horsie Wah
- VHT Valvulator
- Custom Solid Cables wiring
- Krank Distortus Maximus
- Zoom H4
Strings and Picks
- Dean Markley’s Blue Steel Electric LT & CL strings
- Dean Markley’s NickelSteel Electric CL strings (more recently)
- Cellulose Picks (Heavy)
Checkout Marcus' website - there is info posted on the gear he used for the Guitar Hero recordings. He used a TON of gear for those sessions.