Category: Who Plays What
Last Updated on Wednesday, 13 March 2013 14:02
Published on Tuesday, 02 June 2009 09:17
Simon Neil is a Scottish vocalist, guitarist, and songwriter best known for his work in the band Biffy Clyro.
Let's look at some of the gear and equipment that Simon has been seen using in his Biffy Clyro guitar rig.
Click the gear images for more info and specs at Musician's Friend
- black Fender Tele Custom ’72 reissue
- Fender Standard Strats (various mexican models)
- Fender 1960 Custom Stratocasters – Fiesta Red, Frost Metallic, and White.
- Fender 50s Stratocaster Relic
- Fender Telecaster Standard – USA model, three tone sunburst
- Fender Telecaster Custom '62 – Japanese model, three tone sunburst (american pictured below)
- Gretsch G6136DC White Falcon (single cut pictured below)
- Patrick Eggle New York - Red
- Gibson Flying V – used in the studio for "Pause It And Turn It Up"
- Gibson Les Paul Junior – used in the studio for Puzzle
- a Variety of acoustic guitars
- Guild D-55 Acoustic Guitar - used in the video for "Virgin Radio Session"
- Fender Squier Simon Neil Stratocaster
Notes: Pictures show Simon using black and grey picks
Amps and Cabinets
- Hayden MoFo head with 4x12 cabinet, and a Speakeasy combo (as reported on Hayden site in 2009)
- Fender Hot Rod Deville
- Peavey Classic amplfier (head) and Peavey Classic 1x15 Cabinet
- Peavey Delta Blues Combo
- 1959 Marshall Super Lead 100
- Marshall 1960A Cabinet
- Vox amp (eyewitness report)
- BOSS TU-2 Chromatic Tuner
- BOSS DS-1 Distortion pedal
- BOSS MD-2 Mega Distortion
- BOSS HM-2 Heavy Metal
- BOSS MT-2 Metal Zone
- BOSS DD-6 Digital Delay
- BOSS LS-2 Line Selector
- Dunlop CryBaby wah pedal
- Blues Overdrive BL-20
- Electro-Harmonix POG pedal
Strings and Picks
- Dunlop 10 gauge electric guitar strings (according to Dunlop's Buffy page)
- Dunlop tortex green picks