Steve Winwood is an English singer-songwriter and multi-instrumentalist. In addition to his solo career, he was a member of the bands the Spencer Davis Group, Traffic, Blind Faith, and Go.
Let's take a look at some of the gear and equipment that Steve has been seen using in his more recent guitar rig. The list shows his most used gear as of 2009. Feel free to post a comment with any updates.
Click the gear images for more info and specs at Guitar Center
- Fender Surf Green American Custom Strat with Lace Sensor gold pickups
- Fender sunburst American Standard Strat
- Washburn M3s mandolin with Fishman M300 pickup and LaBella strings
- Gibson Firebird (replica of his original 60's Firebird, given to him as a gift by Gibson)
- Fender Cyber-Twin SE amplifier (has used this amp since 2002)
Steve uses his Cyber Twin for sounds/effects, and doesn't employ a large amount of other pedals, etc...
Strings and Picks
- Dean Markley Custom Light strings gauges - .009, .011, .016, .026, .036, .046
- Fender Medium guitar picks