James Iha is best known for being a guitar player in Smashing Pumpkins, but he has since been in many cool projects, one of the more recent ones being the band Tinted Windows. Tinted windows has a cool mix of famous players, including singer Taylor Hanson of Hanson, bassist Adam Schlesinger of Fountains of Wayne and Ivy, and Bun E. Carlos of Cheap Trick.
Let's take a look at the guitar gear and equipment that James has been reported to be using in his Tinted Windows guitar rig.
Click the gear images for more info and specs at Amazon
- vintage Gibson SG Les Paul (cherry, with one pickup in it) (standard SG pictured below)
- Gibson Les Paul Silverburst
- Matchless Combo Amplifier
- Xotic AC Booster
- Line 6 Echo Park pedal
- MXR Double Distortion
- Visual Sound 1-Spot adapter
- Boss OC-2 Octave
- DOD FX-17 Wah/volume pedal
- Boss TU-2
- MXR Micro Amp
- Grey picks (appear to be Dunlop nylons)