Cliff Burton was a bass guitarist best known for his work with the American heavy metal band Metallica from 1982 until 1986.
Let's look at some of the gear and equipment that has been seen in Cliff's bass rig.
- Rickenbacker 4001 (with Gibson EB humbucker and Dimarzio Jazz Bass pickup)
- Alembic Spoiler bass, black (stolen)
- Aria Pro II SB-1000 and SB Black 'n Gold I
Amps and Cabinets
- Mesa Boogie 4"x12" Cabinets & 1"x15" Cabinets
- Ampeg SVT-1540HE Classis Series Enclosure
- Mesa D-180 amp
- Mesa Boogie Bass 400 head
- Sunn Colliseum Lead head
- Morley Power Wah fuzz (power wah pic below)
- Chrome Tel-Ray Morley Power Wah Boost. (discontinued since 1983)
- Electro Harmonix Big Muff
- Electro Harmonix Bass Balls
- Ibanez HD1500 Delay/harmonizer
- Boss CS-1 compressor
- Rotosound bass strings
Note: Cliff played bass with his fingers.