Lemmy Kilmister is an English singer and bass guitarist, most famous for being the founding member of the heavy metal band Motörhead.
Let's look at some of the gear and equipment that has been seen in Lemmy's bass guitar rig.
Lemmy's bass rig is pretty simple. No crazy pedals....just Ricks straight into Marshalls.....
- Rickenbacker 4001 and 4003 bass guitars
- Rickenbacker Lemmy Kilmister signature basses - the 4004LK
- Gibson Thunderbird pickups in the neck position of some of his basses
Amps and Cabinets
- hot-rodded Marshall JMP Superbass II amplifiers from the later 1960s/early 1970s (checkout the Lemmy Marshall head!)
- Marshall 4x12 speaker cabs
- custom 4x15 cabinet
Note: In 2008 Marshall released the "1992LEM", a signature series copy of his 1992 100 Watt Super Bass Unit, "Murder One". This is a very cool looking amp.
Strings and Picks
- Dunlop Lemmy signature bass strings
- Dunlop 1.14 nylon (Lemmy signature picks)