The late Jeff Healey was a Canadian jazz and blues-rock guitarist and vocalist. If you didn't know him kids, checkout the songs "Angel eyes" and "Stuck in the middle with you". For even more cool Jeff Healey moments, checkout the movie roadhouse. Jeff not only played the guitar damn well, he did so blind.
Let's look at some of the gear and equipment that has been seen in Jeff's guitar rig.
Click the gear images for more info and specs at Amazon
Note: Big thanks to RQ, for all the insider information on what gear Jeff used in his rig!!!!
- A ’30s or ’40s Gibson L-12 arch top guitar (Jazz Wizards)
- Japanese Squier Strats with red single-coil Evans pickups
- Jackson doubleneck (with joined headstocks)
- custom-built US strats with 3 Evans (and later, Seymour Duncan SH-5) humbucking pickups in them and wiring that allowed him to coil-tap individual pickups one at a time.
- Fender Protube Twins (or the BF reissue Twins, when he was on the road and couldn't find a Protube)
- Marshall JCM 800
- Matchless Super Chief
- Fender Pro Junior (Jazz Wizards)
- Fender Twin Reverb amplifier
- Boss BD-2 Blues Driver Pedal
- Boss OD-1 Overdrive pedal
- Boss Chorus Ensemble Pedal
- Boss Compressor/Sustainer
- Boss Digital Delay
- Boss GE-7
- Vox Wah
- DR strings gauged .012, .015, .022, .032, .042, and .052. (Jazz Wizards)
- DR Strings Tite-Fit Jeff Healey Medium Electric Guitar Strings