The late Johnny Cash was a Grammy Award-winning American country singer-songwriter. Cash is widely considered to be one of the most influential American musicians of the 20th century.
Johnny was known to play acoustic guitars live. He mainly played Martin guitars.
Let's look at some of the gear and equipment that has been seen in Johnny Cash's guitar rig.
Click the gear images for more info and specs at Amazon
- Gibson J-200 - 1958 - red (his name was inlaid in the neck)
- Martin D-28 - 1961 (he spray painted this one black)
- Martin D-28 - 1969
- Martin D-76 limited edition "Bicentennial" guitar
- Martin D-45 custom - 1982 (with a D-41 neck and D-35-style three-piece back and sides, and signed by Cash, C.F. Martin III, and C.F. Martin IV)
- Martin D-35 custom 1989
- Martin "Johnny Cash" limited edition guitar D-35 (his primary guitar on Solitary Man)
- Martin D-42JC (Johnny Cash) guitar
Strings and More
- Martin medium gauge strings
- Dunlop makes a Johnny Cash capo