Willie Adler is one of the two guitarists in the heavy metal band Lamb of God. He is the younger brother of bandmate Chris Adler (drummer).
Willie joined the band after the first guitarist, Abe Spear, left the band. Self-taught, Willie is well-known for his unconventional style of playing, which includes odd chord shapes, unique timing patterns, odd rhythms, and high usage of his fretting hand's pinky finger. He plays mostly the jagged staccato riffs in Lamb of God's songs, while Mark Morton plays more of the groove-oriented rhythms.
Let's look at what gear and equipment has been seen in Lamb of God's Will Adler's Guitar Rig.
Click the gear images for more info & specs at Musician's Friend
- ESP Eclipse Willie Adler Signature Eclipse (Camoflague. Also has sig model available in BLK camo)
- ESP Eclipse guitars - Quilt Blue and Quilt Red models W/ Gold Edging
- Endorsed Framus in the past
Note: There was a lower cost version of Willie Adler's guitar - model WA-600.
Amps and Cabinets
- Mesa Boogie Mark IV and V head
- Framus 4x12 Cab (2004)
- Mesa/Boogie Roadster head
- Mesa/Boogie Stiletto into an Orange 4x12 cabinet (used during recording of Sacrament)
Effects and more
- Sennheiser EW300 Wireless System
- Rack Tuner and Foot Tuner
- DBX 266XL Compressor
- Line 6 Pod or an Amp Farm plug-in (during recording for monitoring purposes)
- Tech 21 SansAmp (recording)
- Rocktron Hush Super Cs
- Boss TU-2 tuner
Strings and Picks
- SIT Willie Adler WA-NP1048 - 6 String Nickel Plated Electric strings
- GHS Boomers Strings gauge 10-46
- Dunlop Tortex 1mm picks