Steve Winwood is an English singer-songwriter and multi-instrumentalist. In addition to his solo career, he was a member of the bands the Spencer Davis Group, Traffic, Blind Faith, and Go.
Let's take a look at some of the gear and equipment that Steve has been seen using in his more recent guitar rig. The list shows his most used gear as of 2009. Feel free to post a comment with any updates.
Click the gear images for more info and specs at Guitar Center and Amazon
Steve Winwood's Guitars
- Fender Surf Green American Custom Strat with Lace Sensor gold pickups
- Fender sunburst American Standard Strat
- Washburn M3s mandolin with Fishman M300 pickup and LaBella strings
- Gibson Firebird (replica of his original 60's Firebird, given to him as a gift by Gibson in 2008)
- Gibson Melody Maker
- Harmony H59 Rocket and Harmony Stratotone guitars
- white Fender Telecaster
- Höfner Club 40
- Martin D-28
Steve Winwood's Amplifiers
- Steve has more recently been a Kemper amp user. He's listed on the Kemper amplifier website and has a quote on there that says "Kemper has revolutionized my thinking on guitar amplification. The sounds are completely true to life, matching faultlessly the models they are profiling, and unlike other amplifiers it is not subject to mic placement or level. A phenomenal achievement!"
It looks like Steve Winwood specifically uses the Kemper Profiler PowerHead 600W Class-D Profiling Guitar Amp Head model.
Steve has also been seen using the Kemper Profiler Remote Foot Controller along with is Kemper amp head.
- Steve has also used a Fender Cyber-Twin SE amplifier in the past (starting in 2002)
Steve used his Cyber Twin for sounds/effects, and doesn't employ a large amount of other pedals, etc...
Steve Winwood's Strings, Picks and other Gear
- Dean Markley Custom Light strings gauges - .009, .011, .016, .026, .036, .046
- Fender Medium guitar picks
- Electro-Harmonix Big Muff pedal (used on Spencer Davis Group's "Keep on Running")