Taylor Swift is an american country-pop singer-songwriter. Common questions we get from pop and country fans are things like What guitars does Taylor Swift play? What acoustics and what electric guitars has she used? What type of strings and picks does Taylor Swift use? In this article, we will answer those questions for our guitar gear loving readers.
Let's take a look at some of the guitars that Taylor Swift has been seen using over the years. We'll list a variety of acoustic and electric guitars that Taylor has used over the years, live on stage, and will analyze some videos of Taylor playing guitar. We don't want to give too much away, but she uses a lot of Taylor, Gibson, and Fender guitars :)
Click the gear images for some more info and specs at Guitar Center and Amazon
Our favorite guitar for Taylor Swift fans is her signature model Baby Taylor acoustic guitar. The guitar is 3/4 size which makes it easy to play and a great guitar to write songs on and practice. In fact, Taylor Swift has been quoted as saying that she would play her baby taylor while on tours, using it to write tunes! The price is super reasonable making it a great pick for any Swift fan!
*Cool Fact: Taylor mainly plays Taylor brand acoustic guitars. Note that Taylor guitars are not named after her. Taylor guitars are very finely made guitars and a great choice of instrument.
Taylor Swift's Guitars
- Taylor Taylor Swift Baby Taylor Signature Acoustic Guitar
- Taylor custom Presentation Series guitar - a GA body with an AA-grade Hawaiian Koa top with a Florentine cutaway (Taylor inlaid on fretboard)
- Taylor bubblegum-pink T5 acoustic guitar (her guitar is a one of a kind custom) and T5 Pro acoustic guitars
- Taylor 614CE Grand Auditorium Acoustic-Electric guitar that is Borrego Red colored.
- Taylor GS8 and GS6 guitars. Swarovski crystal encrusted GS6 acoustic guitar. Some folks aren't aware of the GS8, however in 2009 Taylor guitars had a post on their blog that says that Taylor Swift plays PSGA, GS8, 615ce, PS-LTD, T5-S, K65ce, and SolidBody Classic model guitars!
- Taylor also has been seen playing a Taylor classic solidbody electric guitar (black) on stage
- Gibson Hummingbird (you can see Taylor play this guitar on the Ellen show)
- Gibson Les Paul, red sparkle, mini humbuckers. Likely a version of the Les Paul Deluxe model.
- Taylor SB1-X SolidBody Classic guitar, black color. She played this on her song "Should've Said No" during the Fearless Tour.
- Taylor 718e acoustic guitar. Used live on the song "Everything Has Changed", when she was on the Red Tour with Ed Sheeran. Also played on Britain's Got Talent show. It seems Taylor only built this guitar model for a limited period of time.
Taylor Swift has played a Fender Johnny Marr Jaguar Electric Guitar which is white colored with a rosewood fingerboard. In the following video, you can see her perform live with her Fender Jaguar at a GRAMMY Museum performance show. This guitar is pretty awesome - it has Bare Knuckle pickups in it which sound amazing.
At that GRAMMY Museum show, she also appears to play a Gibson Songwriter Acoustic-Electric Guitar too.
- Taylor blue acoustic Living Jewels Koi fish guitar
- Gibson Les Paul Alex Lifeson Axcess
We have observed Taylor playing a really nice black colored Gibson J-180 acoustic guitar, likely the Everly Brothers model. You'll notice there are star shaped inlays on the neck of the guitar. You can see Taylor playing this Gibson acoustic guitar in the video:
Here's a fun interview where Taylor Swift talks with Bob Taylor about the Taylor guitars that he makes which she has many of.
Taylor Swift's Guitar Strings, Picks, and Straps
- Taylor, Taylor Swift guitar strap
- The Taylor Swift Baby Taylor guitar comes with Elixir Light gauge acoustic strings according to the Taylor guitar product info. The Taylor guitar website says that they have been using Elixir acoustic strings and electric strings since 1999. We can't say for sure if Taylor Swift changes out the strings on her guitars to something different, but it's very plausible she uses the Elixirs.
- You can find picks from Taylor Swift's guitar tours all over the internet. Many of them appear to be white colored with custom printing. Many of them are stamped with Dunlop U.S.A. and appear to be Dunlop Tortex guitar picks.
Hopefully this helps answer what guitars, strings, and picks that Taylor Swift has been seen using. If you see Taylor playing any new or different guitar gear, make sure to post a comment and help us keep this article updated for all the Taylor Swift fans!