Henry Garza is the bluesy tex-mex start playing guitar slinger in the band Los Lonely Boys. He like a pretty simple setup as you'll see, but what else does a man need to get good tone... :) ?
Let's look at some of the gear and equipment that has been seen in the Los Lonely Boy guitar player Henry Garza's guitar rig.
Click the gear for more info and specs at Guitar Center and Amazon
- custom Strats which his guitar tech, Ish Flores, puts together for him. They take Mexican Strats and retrofit them with nice parts.
- Fender Texas Special pickups and '62 reissue necks are used for the custom strats.
Amps and Cabinets
- Fender '65 Twin Reverb Reissue Amps
- Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100watt Head
- Marshall JCM 800 2203 Super Lead Head
- Bogner 2X12 cab
- Marshall "1960A" 4X12 Cabinet with Tone Tubby speakers
Effects and More
- Ibanez Tube Screamer TS9 pedal
- Electro-Harmonix Holy Grail Reverb
- Lee Oskar Harmonica in "E"
- Vox V847 Wah Pedal
Note: All his cables are made with Belden wire and Switchcraft plugs
Strings and Picks
- D’Addario nickel-wound strings; they take an EJ21 set [a light jazz set with a wound third, gauged .012, .016, .024, .032, .042, and .052] and replace the first and second strings with a .013 and .020.
- Dunlop heavy, triangular picks (rounded ones)