Visit our Who Plays What section to see hundreds of famous musician's guitar, bass, and drum rigs or search the site:

Our buddy Miles has major G.A.S. over the Wampler Tumnus overdrive pedal. Could it be the best Klon-style OD pedal for the price? Check this pedal out!

UberProAudio is reader supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. We appreciate your support!

Marty Stuart's Guitar Rig/Effects???

More
8 years 10 months ago #952 by Tony Trout
Hey, guys!

I'm new here but i've been lurking for a while. I'm a huge country music fan but I'm also a huge fan of guitarists/singers in that field of music and have been for a long time.

I've been to see Marty Stuart a bunch of times and, besides knowing that he uses Clarence White's legendary electric guitar onstage, I would like to know what effects that he uses to get some of those cool sounds out of that guitar? He can go from Telecaster "twangy" to a smooth bluesy sound it seems with no trouble and it's always perplexed me as to how he does this!! I was in a band that got to open for Marty & the Fabulous Superlatives way back on July 17, 2008 and it was literally a dream come true. However, I didn't think to ask Marty how he gets those sounds out of "Clarence:". :(

Anybody got any inside info on his guitar rig besides the fact that he uses "Clarence" (the first B-bender Telecaster), and Princeton Reverb amps?

Thanks, ya'll!!

Take Care,
Tony Trout

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.267 seconds