Rick Nielsen is the lead guitarist, backing vocalist, and primary songwriter of the rock band Cheap Trick.
Rick has had a TON of gear in his rig. We'll list a small sampling of what has been seen in his guitar rig, here.
Click the gear images for more info and specs at Guitar Center
Note: Rick has been stated to have over 250 guitars in his collection. Below are some:
- Rick has owned tons of cool looking custom Hamer guitars over the year.
- custom Hamer checkerboard guitars (V shaped, explorer shaped, etc...)
- '90 Hamer Miller Beer guitar
- '83 Hamer "Uncle Dick" dual neck model
- Hamer "The 'Busted' guitar
- Hamer 5-neck guitar
- 1961 Gibson ES-1235 6/6 Black Doubleneck
- 1958 Gibson Explorers
- Gretsch Penguin
- Gretsch 1954 Round-up
- Gretsch Malcolm Young models
- Gibson Les Pauls
- Fender Blues Deville amps
- Checkerboard Rivera amps
- Sound City cabinets (vintage)
- Premier Amps
- 60's Orange combos
- 50's Fender Tweed amps
- Nielsen Amp
- 60's Vox AC30
- Marshall cabinets
Effects and more
- Shure wireless
- Whirlwind Multi-selector
- passive splitter box
- 60's Vox Wah pedal
Go to the next page for awesome pictures of Rick's guitar rig.
The following pictures of Rick Nielsen's Cheap Trick guitar rig were taken by PedalFreak (A. Warren) in January 2009 in WI. The pics are Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 2.0 Generic licensed from flickr.
Click the images to enlarge them fullsize in a shadowbox.