Dustie "Dustball" Waring is the rhythm guitarist for Between the Buried and Me, a North Carolina, Progressive Metal band. Dustie also is the guitar player for another North Carolina based metalcore band, Glass Casket.
Let's take a look at some of the gear and equipment that has been seen in Dustie's guitar rig.
Click the gear images for more info and specs at Guitar Center
- Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 and Custom 22 guitars (signature Dimarzio pickups)
- PRS SE Custom
- Ibanez S1625FB w/ EMG 85/81 (used to record Alaska)
- Ibanez S520EX w/ EMG 85/81
- Ibanez FG100 w/ EMG 85/81 (yellow, Frank Gambale model)
- Ibanez custom RGA and a RGA12 guitar
- Jackson JS20 Dinky (used in Glass Casket)
Amps and Cabinets
- Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Rackmount
- Orange Thunderverb 200 (used to record Colors)
- Orange 412HP (used to record Colors and used in live rig)
- Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster (used in live rig)
- Mesa/Boogie Stereo 2 Fifty power amp into Orange cabinet (2011)
- Port City 2x12 cabs with Celestion Vintage 30 speakers
- Fractal Audio Axe FX Ultra and MFC-101 controller
- Line 6 Relay G50 digital wireless system
- TC Electronic Polytune tuner pedal
- Boss NS-2
- Furman Pedal Board
- MXR Phase 100
- Mesa Channel Switcher
- Ernie Ball VP Volume pedal
- a blue Boss pedal - appears to be a PS-5 Super Shifter
- TC Electronic Nova Delay Pedal (Thanks to jimmybobblackmetalgeetar for the pedal id!)
- Korg Pitchblack tuner
- Rocktron All Access MIDI controller
- TC Electronic G-Major 2
- Xotic BB Preamp pedal
- Mission Expression pedals (for volume and wah)
- D'Addario electric guitar strings EXL115W Blues/Jazz Rock Wound 3rd 11-49 gauge
- D'Addario .011, .014, .021 (wound), .032, .044, .056 custom gauge strings
Go to the next page for pictures of Dustie's guitar rig.
Thanks to the always great David Shaw Photography for Creative Commons licensing some great gear pictures of Dustie Waring on flickr. You can get a good view of Dustie's Between the Buried and Me pedalboard.
Click the pics to enlarge them fullsize in a shadowbox.