Paul Waggoner is the lead guitarist of Between the Buried and Me, a progressive metal band from North Carolina.
Let's take a look at some of the gear and equipment that has been seen in Paul's guitar rig.
Click the gear images for more info and specs at Guitar Center
- PRS Custom 24
- PRS CE Maple Top 24
- PRS SE Custom 24 (Colors DVD)
- Ibanez S1625TKS w/ EMG 85/81 (used to record Alaska)
- Ibanez S520WNF w/ EMG 85/81 (used to record their self-titled, Silent Circus, and Prayer For Cleansing)
- Ibanez S2170FB (used to record "Colors")
- Dimarzio D-activator pickups
- Bareknuckle Blackhawk pickups
Amps and Cabinets
- Mesa Boogie Mark V
- Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier rackmount two-channel head, circa 1997
- Mesa Standard Recto 4x12 cab
- Roland JC-120 Jazz Chorus (for clean tone)
- Port City 2x12 cabs
- Orange PPC Cabs
- Mesa/Boogie Stereo 2 Fifty power amp
- Fractal Audio Axe FX Ultra
- Line 6 Relay G50 digital wireless system
- TC Electronic Polytune tuner pedal
- Ibanez TS808
- Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2 Plus
- Boss TU-2 pedal
- Boss NS-2 pedal
- Boss Delay pedal
- Boss CS-3 Compression/Sustainer
- Ibanez WD7 Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
- Rocktron All Access MIDI controller
- TC Electronic G-Major 2
- Mission Expression Pedals (for volume and wah)
- Port City Salem boost
- D'Addario EXL115W Blues/Jazz Rock Wound 3rd 11-49 strings
- D'Addario .011, .014, .021 (wound), .032, .044, .056 custom gauged strings
Go to the next page for pictures of Paul's guitar rig.
Lucky for all us, David Shaw from David Shaw Photography took some good pictures that show Paul Waggoner's Between the Buried and Me pedalboard. The picture from the live show is from April 2009 and the other picture is from aug 2008. The pictures are licensed under Creative Commons from flickr. By the way, if you are looking for a great band photographer and great guy, check out David Shaw Photography.
Click the images to enlarge them fullsize in a shadowbox.