Visit our Who Plays What section to see hundreds of famous musician's guitar, bass, and drum rigs or search the site:

Our buddy Miles has major G.A.S. over the Wampler Tumnus overdrive pedal. Could it be the best Klon-style OD pedal for the price? Check this pedal out!

UberProAudio is reader supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. We appreciate your support!

Guitar Talk

RIG SET UP HELP

More
11 years 3 months ago #822 by PvtRookie
RIG SET UP HELP was created by PvtRookie
Hey guys,
Well over a few years I've accumulated pretty much my dream rig, however whenever I have a crack at it, there's too much buzz when I'm not playing notes or if I have certain pedals with it, then it feedbacks or just doesn't make any guitar sound. I'm a bit of a noob with all this stuff but I know what things I like and idk I just want it all to work and everyone here seems like they know their stuff. I play Metalcore but and I love the dirty channel on my peavey 6505.

Here are all the stuff I have for the rig:

Guitars
Schecter solo 6 Radiation (Duncan designed Blackouts)
Jackson Demmelition King V (Emg 80/60)

Amp/ cab
Peavey 6505
Marshall 1960av cab

Pedals
-EVH crybaby wah
-Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamer (the original one from the 80's)
-Boss NS-2 noise suppressor
-MXR Carbon Copy Delay
-MXR Black Label Chorus
- ISP decimator noise gate (i've ordered it and it should be here tomorrow)
-Line 6 G50 Wireless

Any help would be extremely helpful.
Cheers. :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #885 by mada1990
Replied by mada1990 on topic RIG SET UP HELP
It could be a number of things, but the first thing I would try is your cables. If you have crap cables, the entire rig will be off and you'll end up cutting in and out, as it sounds like is happening. Also, try messing around with the order that you put your pedals. Sometimes, certain pedals don't like to be placed next to some other pedals and vise versa. Definitely check the connections though.

More
10 years 4 months ago #909 by christianmusician6131
Possibly, just like mada1990 said, cables. I would pick up some Planet Waves (for budget) or Monster cables and change them all. It seems like Monster cables are within reason for you though. Check the levels on your noise gates too, they can be funny sometimes. Batteries might be going in your wireless, too. I'm sure that would effect it cutting in and out. Idk much about guitar wireless stuff, but maybe try changing the freq on the box? Sweet rig though, hope it turns out sounding like it!

Frank Amato

Time to create page: 0.197 seconds