Visit our Who Plays What section to see hundreds of famous musician's guitar, bass, and drum rigs or search the site:

Our buddy Miles has major G.A.S. over the Wampler Tumnus overdrive pedal. Could it be the best Klon-style OD pedal for the price? Check this pedal out!

UberProAudio is reader supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. We appreciate your support!

Bass Talk

First Bass Topic GAS

More
14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #388 by kurotenshi
So...no bass players here?
Well let me kick this one of then and since this is mainly a gear oriented website what better way than to expel some GAS.

Starting with the instruments, lets just say my hearth nearly stops at the sight of a Warwick Vampyre or a Dean Razorback V and any of ESP's signature basses :woohoo: :silly:

Now, for amps, I'm really looking foward to get an Alesis RA500 but would love to get my hands on one of those little Mark Bass amps

For FX the choice is easy lol, SansAmp RBI or PSA-1.1, ElectroHarmonix Bass Muff (thoug i'm building myself a EH Russian Green Muff)

But on a more realistic wavelenth now, I'm really considering a Bass V-Amp and a Rockbass Vampyre

Know your gear as well as you know your technique, no musician can survive without any of the two.
Last edit: 14 years 10 months ago by kurotenshi.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #389 by uberpro
Replied by uberpro on topic Re:First Bass Topic GAS
Nice. Thanks for starting off the bass thread. Figured we'd leave it until someone felt like posting - which is sad since I'm partly a bass player myself.

I think Ampeg or Mesa bass amps should be on your wish list, knowing you do metal.

personally I have a Galien Krueger 400rb head and the original SWR Goliath 4x10 cab. Not bad.... wouldn't mind something a bit more powerful though if I were doing live gigs again.

You'll have to post more about your custom Green Muff project. That might make a cool article or post on the site.

More
14 years 10 months ago #390 by uberpro
BTW - looks like the Vampyre LTD is recently on sale - $1000 cheaper. Still pretty costly though!

More
14 years 10 months ago #391 by kurotenshi
Replied by kurotenshi on topic Re:First Bass Topic GAS
Well, to be honest Ampeg does not seduce me all that much and so does all that valve stuff. You could convince me to buy a hybrid with a valved pre like the SVT Pro but what I've learned is that I rather carry more gear than be stuck with a combination that can't be changed like a combo or a head. What I mean is I could buy an SVT pre if it was significantly better than a Sansamp RBI or PSA but I would still use an SS amp

As for Mesa, never tryed it sadly.

I'm currently finishing a SansAmp GT2 clone so it'll be a while before I have money to build the Green muff but I promise I'll post something. By the way, why not start a DIY Thread here?

Know your gear as well as you know your technique, no musician can survive without any of the two.

More
14 years 10 months ago #392 by uberpro
A Do-it yourself thread would be good. There actually is a "Gear Mod" section of the site, in the Articles section that would be a good place to put articles on some of these more successful projects too.

More
14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #402 by kurotenshi
Replied by kurotenshi on topic Re:First Bass Topic GAS
I'm glad to announce (not that you guys really care lol) that I ordered this week an ESP LTD AX-104 Bass. It's due to be delivered at the store before the end of the month. I'm really exited with this acquisition, I sold my RBX374 for 250€ (minus 16€ of shipping costs) and going to buy the ESP for 295€, great price IMO.

So, guess I just expelled some of my GAS, it's not a signature model but it's still an ESP and the shape is wicked cool.

Last edit: 14 years 10 months ago by kurotenshi.

Time to create page: 0.265 seconds